Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Terrifying Virus Attack Yesterday

Posted in
Well, this was a lesson to me, NOT TO DOWNLOAD AND OPEN ANY UNKNOWN ATTACHMENTS =(

I downloaded an attachment from "FedEx" without realising it was a fraud.

The virus first flooded my anti virus software, overwrites my system registry, disabling my task manager and next deleted my hard disk driver.

Next, it deleted my shortcuts. Forcing me to shutdown my pc and turn on safe mode on PC. *Lucky I'm a technician myself*

I didn't get the virus name because it all happened too fast. =( My University assignments are in the harddisk, hoping it won't get deleted. While in safe mode, I took out my important stuff from the hdd and into my external. (Luckily it haven't got deleted)

I had been forced to reformat my comp =( But the brightside is
It looks better than my old desktop =)



PS: The "FedEx" virus is in the wild. Watch out everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment